Monday, January 31, 2011

House selling

WRONG! I mistakenly thought I would have to go through everything on my own since Brian would be in Dayton already. And it took me a bit to figure out how to give myself over to receiving help, but I did. AND THAT MADE ALL THE DIFFERENCE!

So, we had to sell our house. I think those words strike fear into the hearts of many. It wasn't something I was looking forward to either. Having to sell and wanting to sell are two different emotional landmarks. I was having to sell. It wasn't that I didn't like where I lived (I loved my land!) or that I couldn't wait to get into a better house, it was something that had to be done because Brian couldn't stay in Dayton with friends indefinitely. Well, I guess, technically, he could. But we wanted to keep those friends and we aren't big on "mooching" off of others. Besides, that would not be "moving" when God asked us to. We had to give ourselves over totally to His will. And His help.

We called our neighbor to see if he would be interested in buying our place. He had once expressed an interest in it because he had owned our property before. Our neighbor values his privacy and while he could not take on another loan to purchase our place, he could pick his neighbor. The family that owns the land that backs up to our neighbors was interested. On December 3rd, they came to check out the house. They loved it. It took one phone call to iron out the details and reach an agreeable price, but it all worked out rather smoothly. We did not have to list the house. We did not have to spend any money prepping to sale. We did not have to leave appliances or anything we wanted to keep. We did not have to wait for their financing to go through because they paid cash. We made a profit on the sale of our house. We closed exactly one day from the day they came to look at the place: January 3rd. They even let us stay 2 weeks after we closed on the house...without charge!

Can you imagine things ever going so well? I couldn't. In the 2 weeks after we closed on our house in the country, I would drive down our road and see the 4 or 5 houses with "sale" signs in the yard. Some of those signs had been there for years, others several months. Mine? NEVER. I could not help but get a bit emotional. I would think to myself, "I asked for help. God sure knows how to answer!" Only HE could answer so wonderfully. What glory!! I could not imagine things going so fast. I could not imagine....but HE could.

My asking for help did not end there, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment