Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The First Post

I am sure you are wondering why a move to Oakwood would be so exciting that it warrants its own blog, right? Well, there is a great inspirational story that brings our family to this place. And besides that, adapting to the type of lifestyle that Oakwood offers in comparison to the life we had in Kentucky should prove amusing if nothing else. I will have much more on that later, though.

Four months ago I had never even heard of the City of Oakwood. Now, I am sitting at my computer... in my house... in Oakwood. I have only moved three times in my life before this (not including a college dorm): an apartment to get out of my parents place, our first "starter" home, and our house out in the country. We had always wanted land. And that is what we had...until He spoke.

I didn't hear Him, though. It was Brian who heard His voice telling us where to go. The details were not very clear at first, but He soon dissolved any fog blocking our view from each step we should take. It was pretty amazing how fast things happened. And it was all because of Him.  Less than 2 months. Insanity, some would say. A superb testimony, others. What will you say when you hear the story of our move?

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the next chapter of your story. Live it well, write it often.

    ReplyDelete