Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Catching Up

Okay, I know I haven't posted in almost 2 weeks, but to be honest I thought it would be difficult to top the last post. I reminded myself that this blog is about my life here in Oakwood, so if there are boring days then there will be boring posts. But sometimes the things that I find boring or mundane may be exciting to others and vice versa....so, you can be the judge.

I haven't finished the telling of our story that lead us to Oakwood. After everything went into the works (closing on our house/loan approval & closing on the new house), our budget became drastically tight. We were pretty much living off of savings since the transition from Brian's old job to his new job did not mean an immediate paycheck. The extra expenses of buying a home, i.e. home inspections, "good faith" deposit, appraisals, etc. also cut into that money. There was one week when we didn't have enough money for groceries. Really. But, I did some heavy praying. Like...face on the floor praying. Afterwards, I had no immediate answer, but I was calm and knew God would provide. How, I didn't know, but I knew He would. And He did, by revealing a creative way to work our finances....I had an epiphany! Once again, I asked for help and He answered.

Closing on our house in Kentucky went very smoothly. It only took ten minutes. We signed about two papers and then chatted with the couple who purchased our house and land. They paid cash, so we didn't have to sign a billion papers. And we skipped all the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment